The Flying Flea Market
All items posted here must be related to control-line model airplanes. All transactions are between the seller and the buyer; Flying Lines is not responsible for verifying claims made in classified ads or arranging transactions. Make sure to notify the editor if your item sells, so that we can remove the listing. If you try to respond to an ad and find that it is no longer valid, please notify the editor.
- Updated Feb. 24! HUGE CL SALE: Engines, kits, tanks and all kinds of control-line model accessories. Download the list. To order, email Mike Hazel.
- New! VINTAGE COMBAT ENGINES for sale. Contact Ken Burdick.
- COMBAT SHUTOFFS: The proven H&R flyaway shutoff is now available in five different styles for specific Combat events. Download information on H&R shutoffs. Contact Jeff Rein for ordering info.
- KIT AND ENGINE FOR SALE: Brodak Gypsy kit, box opened, but nothing removed, Bob Hunt sheeted foam wings, NIB Stalker .51RE. $450. Price does not include shipping. Sold in CONUS only. Contact Gerald Schamp.
- CONTROL-LINE FASHION: If you missed out on getting a 2019 Northwest Regionals T-shirt, you still have a chance. A few XL size are still available at $15, plus $5 shipping. Email to order. >>
- AVIATION BOOKS: Model Aviation Hall Of Fame recipient Dave Gierke has a new two-volume aviation book … and he’s making it available at a special introductory price to all Control-line modelers. Order by going to Dave Gierke's website. Download flyers on Book One and Book Two of "To Caress the Air."
ENGINES WANTED: Looking for one or two Nelson .36 engines to buy. Please let Jeffrey Cohen know if you know of any for sale.
- STUNT PLANE FOR SALE: Shark 45, flown about 10 times. Irvine .46 engine with hemi head by Byron Barker. Trimmed and ready to fly, in great condition, $250. I'm not flying much and a .60-size ship is a little much for me. Pick up or meet in Portland-Salem area. E-mail Greg Hart.
- ENGINES WANTED: Nelson .36, .41, .21 and .19. E-mail George Voss.
- NEW KIT: Floyd Carter's Wildman 60 Old Time-legal stunt ship for .60 cu. in. glow engines. The Wildman in similar in looks to J.C. Yates' Madman but larger. It has an upright engine mounting and dihedral in the wing to provide a proper vertical C/G. The kit is 100% laser cut using contest grade balsa and comes complete with deluxe hardware and carbon fiber push rod. Price is $159.99. We are ready to take pre-production orders up until March 10, 2016. For details or to order, visit the RSM website. >>
- STALKER ENGINES AND OTHER STUNT PRODUCTS: Tom Dixon has the full line of Stalker engines plus kits, wings, plans, props and hardware. For details and to order, see Tom Dixon's Model Airplanes website.
- CONTROL LINE BUILDING SERVICE: Complete frame up of these four classic designs, The Original Tutor, The Magician, The Flite Streak and the OT Ringmaster. Available in take-apart or permanent configuration. Will build for electric or glow power. For pricing and details please e-mail Mike Griffin.
- FLYING FOOL PLANS: Scratch builders may enjoy this reproduction of the plans for the classic Sterling kit. Plans are sent on a CD and can be taken to a print shop and printed out actual size, smaller or larger. $20. E-mail Frank Balkus for information.
- FAST HIPPY SPEED PRODUCTS: Marty Higgs provides, among other items, C Speed tanks ($20), C Speed torque units ($25), elevator control systems ($15), (all three as a kit, $60); HI-G titanium bellcranks ($35); HI-G steel bellcranks ($25); F2D Proto micro bellcranks ($20). Will build any size custom torque units, 1/2A to Jet-D. E-mail Marty Higgs.
- TYME : Custom-made venturis and mufflers. Scott Riese, (503) 246-4631. E-mail for info.
- CONTROL-LINE SUPPLIES: We ship UPS daily. Eugene Toy & Hobby, (541) 344-2117. Eugene Toy & Hobby web site
- OLD MAGAZINE PLANS ON CD: I will make the offer to search my database of about 4,000 magazines to help anyone find the plans for models published by the magazines. CDs of plans are $10 each. Anyone can contact me direct by e-mail for more information on CL modeling data on CD. Thomas Wilk. Also available: Control-line cartoons on CD.
- PLANS FOR SALE: Arctic Fox (white plane), designed for a Fox 35. Short kits $65. The plans for scratch building this plane cost $8. Grinder (red and yellow plane): Designed and drawn by Leo Mehl, traced and inked by Bob Sweitzer, top quality plans, $15. Contact Leo Mehl at (503) 255-6471 or e-mail Leo Mehl.
- HOBBY SHOP: Tri-City Connection, CL and RC supplies, new and used. Lots (1 ton truck full) of old magazines (50's and newer) for sale $5 each shipped. Let me know what your looking for. Model Builder, Model Airplane News, RCM, Flying Lines, RC Scale, etc. Telephone (509) 542-1959 or e-mail David Miller.
- RACING SUPPLIES: The former Kustom Kraftsmanship line of quality racing equipment is now available from Darrell Albert. Available supplies include button bellcranks, Cox competition and generic parts, wheels, lines, shutoffs, landing gear and many other items. E-mail to place orders or get more info.
How to submit an ad to the Flying Flea Market
To place an ad on the Flying Flea Market, e-mail the text and photo to the Flying Lines editor.
Ads are free to Pacific Northwest fliers. Donations are accepted to help cover the cost of maintaining the web site. Control-line related advertising will be accepted from non-Northwest modelers as space allows. Ads for non-NW modelers are $1 per month. Contact the editor for details. See below for more information on donating to Flying Lines.
Donating to Flying Lines for the cost of running your ad
To donate to Flying Lines for listing your classified ad, you can make a donation by PayPal. Just hit the button below.
Or you can mail donations to:
2456 Quince St.
Eugene, OR 97404
This page was upated Feb. 25, 2020