The Flying Flea Market
All items posted here must be related to control-line model airplanes. All transactions are between the seller and the buyer; Flying Lines is not responsible for verifying claims made in classified ads or arranging transactions. Make sure to notify the editor if your item sells, so we can remove the listing. If you try to respond to an ad and find that it is no longer valid, please notify the editor.
- << WANTED: Excellent condition mid-1960s SuperTigre G65RV rear-rotor engine. This is the one without muffler holes; see photo. E-mail Kirk Johnson.
- REGIONALS FASHION: If you didn't get your commemorative 43rd annual Regionals T-shirt on Memorial Day weekend 2013, there's still a chance. Price $16. Size: Extra large only remaining. Get yours while they last. E-mail to order. >>
- FOR SALE: K&B .40 (8011) with Perry carb and exhaust baffle, NIB, $75. E-mail Dave Green.
- WANTED: New or used Cox engines and parts, any size, any condition. E-mail Joe Sesere.
- WANTED: Pre-1970 Speed plane kits. Contact Kirk Johnson.
- << SPORT JET SPEED KIT: The Sport Jet Pod Racer kit is availble right now. Laser-cut kit is easy to build and results in an easy-to-start, easy-to-fly model -- and it is fast. Hardware required is already in most modelers' shops. Kit price is $50. Fuel tank, if purchased with kit, is $20. E-mail Jim Booker. >>
- WANTED: Jet Bill Sport Jet engine. Doesn't need to be perfect. E-mail Jim Booker.
- MODEL MAGAZINES AND ARTICLES: I am in possession of the model airplane magazine library of Dave Shrum. If anyone needs a specific issue or article from the major model magazines, please contact me. E-mail Tom Kopriva.
- FOR SALE: Prather Prop gauge, $150. K&B Torpedo .35, used, good compression smooth bearing, $60. MIP Jett .061 diesel, not sure if new, in box with RC and CL carbs, $90. Cox TeeDee .049, $50. Harter 1/2-A pan undrilled, $20. O.S. Max III .19 with spare gasket set, good compression. E-mail Allen Hoffman.
- ENGINES FOR SALE: Long list of Enya, SuperTigre, Fox and K&B engines available. Download the updated list. To order, e-mail Frank Bowman.
- << NOBLER FOR SALE: This used .46-size Nobler is powered by a SuperTigre .46 Stunt with 12x6 Rev-Up prop $250. Contact Paul Gibeault. Photo at left.
- NOBLER FOR SALE: This .60-size version appears not to have been flown. It is powered by a barely used Merco .60 by Tom Dixon. It comes with a spare screw and gasket kit and three Rev-Up 13x6 props. $300. Contact Paul Gibeault. Photo at right >>
- UPDATED! AIRPLANES, ENGINES AND PARTS FOR SALE: Large number of new and like-new engines. Download an updated list with all the details. Contact Paul Gibeault.
- FLYING FOOL PLANS: Scratch builders may enjoy this reproduction of the plans for the classic Sterling kit. Plans are sent on a CD and can be taken to a print shop and printed out actual size, smaller or larger. $20. E-mail Frank Balkus for information.
- COLLECTOR SPEED KIT FOR SALE: Hellespont, prouced by Epic Models of Las Cruces, N.M., in the late 1940s or early 1950s. Complete and untouched. Photo available on request. This is a 24-inch span control-line speed model, 26 inch lewngth. $100. E-mail Jim Emerson.
- FAST HIPPY SPEED PRODUCTS: Marty Higgs provides, among other items, C Speed tanks ($20), C Speed torque units ($25), elevator control systems ($15), (all three as a kit, $60); HI-G titanium bellcranks ($35); HI-G steel bellcranks ($25); F2D Proto micro bellcranks ($20). Will build any size custom torque units, 1/2A to Jet-D. E-mail Marty Higgs.
- NITROMETHANE: Fischer Scientific nitromethane in pint bottles, approximately 5 gallons available. E-mail speed flier Jim Buxton.
- WANTED: Harters rat and proto speed pans. E-mail Ken Burdick
- TYME : Custom-made venturis and mufflers. Scott Riese, (503) 246-4631. E-mail for info.
- STALKER ENGINES -- Made in the Ukraine, these are some of the finest "made for stunt" engines available. Models from .40 to .81 cu. in. with some being available in both side and rear exhaust models. Engines are ABC piston /liner and dual ball bearings. These are high-compression engines that are designed to run on little- or no-nitro fuel. All use significantly less fuel than conventional engines. All engines come with very effective mufflers and alternate venturi. Engines are not stocked, but ordered when I get enough to make the order cost effective. E-mail Alan Resinger for prices, ordering instructions and approximate delivery time.
- AIRPLANES FOR SALE: Banshero (photo at right), no engine. Has fuel tank. $100. Call cell phone 971-322-6093 if you're interested or e-mail Greg Hart.
- CONTROL-LINE SUPPLIES: We ship UPS daily. Eugene Toy & Hobby, (541) 344-2117. Eugene Toy & Hobby web site
- CONTROL-LINE COLLECTION: We have come upon a collection of pre-owned control-line engines, including Cox .020, .049, .051; K&B .19, Fox .35, etc. Contact John Gunther at Franciscan Hobbies in San Francisco.
- COMBAT SHUTOFFS: H&R shutoff's, $30.Remote mount $10.
In the past 7 years over 350 H&R shutoff's have been purchased and used in competition. I have witnessed over 80 flyaways with planes using the H&R shutoff, and each and every one of them shut down immediately. Zero failures. We have them for all classes of combat that use a pressurized fuel system. We have continued to make improvements over the years and our new MK V features: CNC machined 7075 T-6 aluminum that has been anodized and hard coated. All brass parts are turned on a CNC lathe. Our new double bushed center bearing is swedged and pressed together as one unit. No parts to loose or solder joints to break. Almost indestructible. It installs on any RTF plane in 5 minutes or less when used with the remote mount. No strings or connectors to worry about. Future planes could be bought cheaper requiring no bellcranks or leadouts installed. It can be used with or without leadouts. No need to have one unit per plane. When used with the remote mount the bellcrank moves from plane to plane with the motor without affecting the control setting. Because of the high RPM of the F2D motors, if line tension is momentarily lost and regained with in one second, the motor will start shutting down, then fire right back up when line tension is regained. I believe if you try out this system, you will never go back to anything else. E-mail Jeff Rein to order. More information on the H&R shutoffs.
- STUNT PLANE WANTED: Terry Mitchell has moved back to the Northwest and would like to fly stunt, but does not have space for building in his new residence. He's looking for a full-fuselage stunter .40-size, ready to fly. Terry also has a .60-size Cardinal for sale, ready to fly, complete with engine. If you have a stunt plane for sale or are interested in the one he has for sale, e-mail Terry Mitchell.
- OLD MAGAZINE PLANS ON CD: I will make the offer to search my database of about 4,000 magazines to help anyone find the plans for models published by the magazines. CDs of plans are $10 each. Anyone can contact me direct by e-mail for more information on CL modeling data on CD. Thomas Wilk. Also available: Control-line cartoons on CD.
- TOUGH GUY T-SHIRTS! Bladder Grabber XXX combat tournament T-shirts still available. E-mail Jeff Rein.
- ENGINES FOR SALE: Webra .36 GT Aero, NIB, $85. O.S. .15FP R/C, Bench run and one carrier flight, very clean, $45. All prices include shipping. E-mail Don Chandler.
- RACING PRODUCTS: Fuel tanks for Northwest Sport Race and Flying Clown Race, $20 each plus shipping. Proven designs. Engine shims: Made to order, $1 each. Thicknesses of .001"-.010" in .001" increments, plus .012", .015", .020" and .030". E-mail Todd Ryan or telephone (541) 292-4580. Tank shown at right is NWSR tank.
- PLANS FOR SALE: Arctic Fox (white plane), designed for a Fox 35. Short kits $65. The plans for scratch building this plane cost $8. Grinder (red and yellow plane): Designed and drawn by Leo Mehl, traced and inked by Bob Sweitzer, top quality plans, $15. Contact Leo Mehl at (503) 255-6471 or e-mail Leo Mehl.
- WANTED: O.S. FS-20 four-stroke engine. E-mail Todd Ryan or telephone (541) 292-4580.
- HOBBY SHOP: Tri-City Connection, CL and RC supplies, new and used. Lots (1 ton truck full) of old magazines (50's and newer) for sale $5 each shipped. Let me know what your looking for. Model Builder, Model Airplane News, RCM, Flying Lines, RC Scale, etc. Telephone (509) 542-1959 or e-mail David Miller.
- NEW KIT: The Tom Warden Continental is now available from RSM Distribution. This kit has been approved by Mr. Warden's estate and has been checked for accuracy against the original kit. Classic legal and laser cut from contest grade balsa, the Continental has a span of 55 inches, length of 39-1/2 inches, and wing area of 572 square inches. It comes complete with rolled plans and a deluxe hardware package and includes a wing jig. Priced at only $129, it is a fine example of Tom Warden's beautiful control-line designs. Order yours now! Visit the RSM web site.
- J&J SALES: We have Don's racing wheels: White rubber with brass hubs drilled for a 3/32" wire landing gear. Sale price is $1.00 each minimum order 4 wheels, Postage for FL readers is $1.50. For orders of 12 or more postage is $5. Cash, money order,personal check or PayPal using my e-mail address. I also have just worked a deal with the new manufacturer of the old Don's Wheels to be the major distributor in the U.S. The picture shows all the wheels we will have soon. Also available: SuperTigre, Brodak and Fox needle valve assemblies, Brodak kits, and other items. E-mail J&J Sales for info.
- RACING SUPPLIES: The former Kustom Kraftsmanship line of quality racing equipment is now available from Darrell Albert. Available supplies include button bellcranks, Cox competition and generic parts, wheels, lines, shutoffs, landing gear and many other items. Download a catalog of available equipment. E-mail to place orders or get more info.
- CONTROL-LINE KITS: Black Hawk Models offers an extensive line of control-line model kits at reasonable prices, including several of Walt Musciano designs. Check out our Black Models web site or give us a call at (562) 428-0820. Tell you local hobby dealer about us.
- RACING MADE EASY: Get the Nitroholics Racing Team "introduction to racing" packet, and you'll be on your way to success in Northwest racing competition. Packet includes general racing tips, articles on how to set up a NW Sport racer and a Super Sport racer, and NW racing rules. Send $2 to Flying Lines and get the packet via mail. Flying Lines, 2456 Quince St., Eugene, OR 97404. E-mail for more info.
- The USM (Universal Stunt Machine): So ya wanna fly CL Stunt, huh? For a painless beginning, using equipment that can take you from first flights to expert precision aerobatics, contact Dan Rutherford. Ask for a Universal Stunt Machine package. It's free, but only available by e-mail.
How to submit an ad to the Flying Flea Market
To place an ad on the Flying Flea Market, e-mail the text and photo to the Flying Lines editor.
Ads are free to Pacific Northwest fliers. Donations are accepted to help cover the cost of maintaining the web site. Control-line related advertising will be accepted from non-Northwest modelers as space allows. Ads for non-NW modelers are $1 per month. Contact the editor for details. See below for more information on donating to Flying Lines.
Donating to Flying Lines for the cost of running your ad
To donate to Flying Lines for listing your classified ad, you can make a donation by PayPal. Just hit the button below.
Or you can mail donations to:
2456 Quince St.
Eugene, OR 97404
This page was upated June 3, 2013