The Flying Flea Market
All items posted here must be related to control-line model airplanes. All transactions are between the seller and the buyer; Flying Lines is not responsible for verifying claims made in classified ads or arranging transactions. Make sure to notify the editor if your item sells, so that we can remove the listing. If you try to respond to an ad and find that it is no longer valid, please notify the editor.
- Updated June 27, 2016 BLACKHAWK KITS: Blackhawk Models is winding down and so is Dave Gardner's relatively short lived venture as a dealer (Small Stuff NW! My updated inventory lists all the stuff I have remaining in the line, the LIST and new SALE pricing. Shipping is noted, reflecting the latest charges from USPS. All of these are new, in shrink-wrap, except for the FS3700 Mustang (I just had to see it!). To see the kit descriptions, you can look on the Blackhawk Models website. Offers considered! If you're interested, contact Dave Gardner.
- AIRPLANES, ENGINES AND PARTS FOR SALE: Large number of new and like-new engines. Download a list with all the details. Contact Paul Gibeault List updated Feb. 28, 2016
- NEW KIT: Floyd Carter's Wildman 60 Old Time-legal stunt ship for .60 cu. in. glow engines. The Wildman in similar in looks to J.C. Yates' Madman but larger. It has an upright engine mounting and dihedral in the wing to provide a proper vertical C/G. The kit is 100% laser cut using contest grade balsa and comes complete with deluxe hardware and carbon fiber push rod. Price is $159.99. We are ready to take pre-production orders up until March 10, 2016. For details or to order, visit the RSM website.>>
- ENGINES AND PARTS FOR SALE: Download a list and e-mail Orin Humphries for ordering info. List updated Feb. 9, 2016
- << WANTED: First-design MEW 307 pulse jet engine. Would prefer an un-run example or a "fired once and it scared the crap out of us" example. See ad at right. E-mail Kirk Johnson.
- STALKER ENGINES AND OTHER STUNT PRODUCTS: Tom Dixon has the full line of Stalker engines plus kits, wings, plans, props and hardware. For details and to order, see Tom Dixon's Model Airplanes website.
BEWARE STOLEN KITS: Don Chandler of Red Bluff, Calif., reports that a large number of scale model kits were stolen from a storage unit on Aug. 28, 2015. Several Top Flight kits, Sig J-3 and a Douglas Skyraider. If you or anyone sees this stuff being sold, please contact Don Chandler.
- SPEED KIT WANTED: Late 1940's Dyna-Streak speed jet kit (photo at left). I would consider a survivor plane if in salvageable condition. E-mail Kirk Johnson. >>
- CONTROL LINE BUILDING SERVICE: Complete frame up of these four classic designs, The Original Tutor, The Magician, The Flite Streak and the OT Ringmaster. Available in take-apart or permanent configuration. Will build for electric or glow power. For pricing and details please e-mail Mike Griffin.
- WANTED: DOOLING ENGINES AND PARTS: I need Dooling .29 spare parts old or new, or used good engine itself. E-mail Eizan Yoshino.
- WANTED: Pre-1970 Speed plane kits. Contact Kirk Johnson.
- << SPORT JET SPEED KIT: The Sport Jet Pod Racer kit is availble right now. Laser-cut kit is easy to build and results in an easy-to-start, easy-to-fly model -- and it is fast. Hardware required is already in most modelers' shops. Kit price is $50. Fuel tank, if purchased with kit, is $20. E-mail Jim Booker. >>
- FLYING FOOL PLANS: Scratch builders may enjoy this reproduction of the plans for the classic Sterling kit. Plans are sent on a CD and can be taken to a print shop and printed out actual size, smaller or larger. $20. E-mail Frank Balkus for information.
- FAST HIPPY SPEED PRODUCTS: Marty Higgs provides, among other items, C Speed tanks ($20), C Speed torque units ($25), elevator control systems ($15), (all three as a kit, $60); HI-G titanium bellcranks ($35); HI-G steel bellcranks ($25); F2D Proto micro bellcranks ($20). Will build any size custom torque units, 1/2A to Jet-D. E-mail Marty Higgs.
- TYME : Custom-made venturis and mufflers. Scott Riese, (503) 246-4631. E-mail for info.
- CONTROL-LINE SUPPLIES: We ship UPS daily. Eugene Toy & Hobby, (541) 344-2117. Eugene Toy & Hobby web site
- OLD MAGAZINE PLANS ON CD: I will make the offer to search my database of about 4,000 magazines to help anyone find the plans for models published by the magazines. CDs of plans are $10 each. Anyone can contact me direct by e-mail for more information on CL modeling data on CD. Thomas Wilk. Also available: Control-line cartoons on CD.
- PLANS FOR SALE: Arctic Fox (white plane), designed for a Fox 35. Short kits $65. The plans for scratch building this plane cost $8. Grinder (red and yellow plane): Designed and drawn by Leo Mehl, traced and inked by Bob Sweitzer, top quality plans, $15. Contact Leo Mehl at (503) 255-6471 or e-mail Leo Mehl.
- HOBBY SHOP: Tri-City Connection, CL and RC supplies, new and used. Lots (1 ton truck full) of old magazines (50's and newer) for sale $5 each shipped. Let me know what your looking for. Model Builder, Model Airplane News, RCM, Flying Lines, RC Scale, etc. Telephone (509) 542-1959 or e-mail David Miller.
- RACING SUPPLIES: The former Kustom Kraftsmanship line of quality racing equipment is now available from Darrell Albert. Available supplies include button bellcranks, Cox competition and generic parts, wheels, lines, shutoffs, landing gear and many other items. E-mail to place orders or get more info.
- CONTROL-LINE KITS: Black Hawk Models offers an extensive line of control-line model kits at reasonable prices, including several of Walt Musciano designs. Check out our Black Hawk Models website or give us a call at (562) 428-0820. Tell you local hobby dealer about us.
How to submit an ad to the Flying Flea Market
To place an ad on the Flying Flea Market, e-mail the text and photo to the Flying Lines editor.
Ads are free to Pacific Northwest fliers. Donations are accepted to help cover the cost of maintaining the web site. Control-line related advertising will be accepted from non-Northwest modelers as space allows. Ads for non-NW modelers are $1 per month. Contact the editor for details. See below for more information on donating to Flying Lines.
Donating to Flying Lines for the cost of running your ad
To donate to Flying Lines for listing your classified ad, you can make a donation by PayPal. Just hit the button below.
Or you can mail donations to:
2456 Quince St.
Eugene, OR 97404
This page was upated Feb. 4, 2018