Where the Action Is
Northwest Control-Line Calendar
Special thanks in compiling this list to the sponsors of the contests involved.
A note about submitting flyers for this page: The preferred format for downloadable items (flyers, motel lists, etc.) is PDF documents. Please send items to the editor in PDF form if you have the capability. Word processing or hard copy documents can be accepted, but they involve a bit more work on the part of the editor. Thanks for your help! For more information or to submit items, e-mail the editor.
Oregon Flying Fun No. 4, Evergreen Aviation & Space Museum, McMinnville, Ore. Fourth in series of four Oregon fun flies. Includes flying raffle. Sponsored by The Evergreen Aero Modelers. Download a flyer with all the details.
April 29-May 1
- NOTE date change.
Jim Walker Memorial Spring Tune-Up, Jim Walker Memorial field, East Delta Park, Portland, Ore., sponsored by the Northwest Fireballs.
Saturday: High-Performance 1/2-A Combat, 80mph Combat, Old-Time Stunt, Classic-Nostalgia Stunt, Profile Stunt
Sunday: AMA Fast Combat, skill class Precision Aerobatics, Northwest Sport 40 Navy Carrier, .15 Navy Carrier
Monday: Northwest Sport Race, Flying Clown Race, Record Ratio AMA Speed, Record Ratio Northwest Speed
Download the revised flyer with all the details or email for information.
46th Northwest Control-Line Regionals, Roseburg Regional Airport, Roseburg, Ore.
Friday: Speed, Navy Carrier, Old-Time Stunt, Beginner-Intermediate Precision Aerobatics, 15 Fast Combat
Saturday: Speed, Navy Carrier, Scale, Classic Stunt, Profile Stunt, 1/2-A Combat, 80mph Combat
Sunday: Navy Carrier, Racing, Advanced-Expert Precision Aerobatics, AMA Fast Combat
Sponsored by the Northwest Regionals Management Association in conjunction with other Northwest clubs and individuals.
Download a flyer with all the details or email for information. Download a discount advance entry form. Interested in being an awards sponsor? Download an awards sponsorship form.
- 36th annual Stunt-A-Thon, Chehalis Airport, Chehalis, Wash. A flyer with all the details will be posted here shortly. Email for information.
- Nearly 1/2-A Fun Stunt Event, Rice Mill Road Park, Richmond, B.C. Watch this space for details or email for information.
- Northwest Skyraiders Summer Swap Meet, Clover Park Aviation Paint Hangar, Puyallup, Wash. A flyer with all the details will be posted here shortly. Email for information.
- Western Canada Stunt Championships, Rice Mill Road Park, Richmond, B.C. Watch this space for details or email for information.
- Bladder Grabber XXXVIII triple-elimination Fast Combat tournament, Harvey Field, Snohomish, Wash.
Friday: 1/2-A Combat
Saturday-Sunday: Seven rounds of AMA Fast Combat
Cash prizes in both events; lunch provided. A flyer with all the details will be posted here shortly. Email for information.
- R.F. Stevenson Memorial Raider Roundup, Chehalis Airport, Chehalis, Wash. A flyer with all the details will be posted here shortly. Email for information.
- Four-day F2A Speed competition, Buder Park, St. Louis, Mo.
Oct. 5-6 is the Spirit of St Louis USA World Cup
Oct. 7-8 is the 2017 Speed Cup of Canada
Check out the Lafayette Esquadrille club website for details.
- Northwest Skyraiders Winter Swap Meet, Clover Park Aviation Paint Hangar, Puyallup, Wash. A flyer with all the details will be posted here shortly. Email for information.
Submit your 2017 contest information now!
E-mail all the details of your upcoming Northwest Contest to John Thompson for inclusion in this calendar. It's never too early to get your contest information in the calendar.We can include e-mail links, web links, and can post downloadable pdf flyers. E-mail the editor now!
Post your flyer: Send your flyer to the Webmaster in PDF form, for posting on this website, or give us the link to your web site for posting in the calendar. E-mail John Thompson.
Nationwide contest information
To find out about control-line competition all over the United States, check out the contest calendar maintained by the Academy of Model Aeronautics
This page was upated March 16, 2017